Amish egg basket or wire egg basket - which do you prefer?

I found a really cute small wire basket at Hobby Lobby when it was on the 50% off sale. I put a cloth in the bottom to help cushion the eggs. Anything you have handy can work, though. My grandmother used to use an old, large coffee can. She used old coffee cans for a lot of things. Also used them as feed scoops.
I just bought my wire basket because it was cute and looked like an old-fashioned egg basket.

Beth

Amish baskets. Nice looking and easy to use. The eggs fall out of my wire ones and crack. I'm selling an Amish basket if you're interested. It has two compartments.

Tried baskets, but the lab always waylaid me on the way to the house, and stole several eggs...the ones that he didn't scramble. So just collected a few styrofoam egg cartons. They can be rinsed out and reused. Work great for collecting and protecting my eggs.

I have a basket that my wife uses, I usually put them in my Stormy Kromer cap in the winter or my Detroit Tigers cap I wear in the Summer months. Only 86 days to Opening Day of the Baseball season- Yeah- Boo Winter

I was useing the top pocket of my overalls but lately I havn't even needed that ,,54 chickens 6 days ,, 0 eggs , I sure will be glad when this molt gets over and warmer weather gets here .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom