Amish Friendship Bread

OK, OK, You all got my attention here. But I have a question. Do you use the actual dough in the fermenting jar to make the pastry, etc. or do you use the starter as just an additive to more flour for whatever you're baking?

Same question as PeeperKeeper. I am looking to make bread or some type of recipe for our thanksgiving dinner.

Once you have your starter made you use 1 cup of it in recipes to make things rise. If you do it the way I did - I captured a wild yeast in the air. You can make it with store bought yeast too.

Lots of great bread and dessert recipes for this starter. It is like a sour dough only sweeter.

I feed my mix every 5 days to keep it alive and healthy and have it on hand at all times to cook with.

Thanks Miss Prissy but how about sharing an actual bread recipe with us not so crafty people? You have to remember; We need a little more instruction than most.
smile.png

Thanks MissPrissy, I'll go do a search on them. It's all your fault any way, you know? I started using your yogurt recipes...ended up convincing DH we needed a cow...so now I end up making cheese, butter, yogurt, or ice cream every other day or three. I gotta stop reading your blogs. I'm working myself to death!
th.gif

I'll check out your blog then, Miss Prissy.
big_smile.png

She's right - we do need more instruction than most, this will be the first time I have ever done anything like this.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom