Ammo shortage?

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
Anyone else notice this? A lot of types of ammos and especially reloading supplies such as powder and primers are not available. My husband tried to order some powder back around Christmas time and it's STILL on backorder. A friend of ours waited over 3 months to get powder he ordered. Another person we were talking with went to the gun store and the owner told him he tried to order 40 cases of powder, but was only given 5. Said that's all there was. Also, .223 and 9mm ammo was in short supply, he bought the last of the .223.

Spoke to someone who's wife works at the Hodgsen <sp?> powder plant, and they said they're working 6 10hour shifts a week and just can't keep up.

Guess the new adminstration as well as some of the bills currently in state gov'ts are causing this run on ammo.

Heard of the one where somde states are wanting to encode each single bullet with a serial number? That one would make ammo unaffordable, and outlaw re-loading. All states that have voted on it so far turned it down, but some haven't voted yet.

Guess everyone's stocking up.

Angela

That really cannot be good...
th.gif

I've read on some forums that some of the ammo (like the stuff for the "assault" rifles) are going to the military for target practice, etc... I have no idea if this is true, or not. but I wouldn't doubt that the Govt. is buying up a lot of it.

Also, there are a LOT more people trying to stock up before it is too outrageously priced or outlawed to buy in larger quantities.

Makes me wish I had bought more at the gun shows when you could get it for a fourth of what it costs now - they had skids of the stuff, and now ya can't hardly find it in any quantity even at gun shows.

The world is getting more and more strange, lately.

meri

There was a recent announcement that the new administration is wanting to change the rules about reloading and such, as well as reinstating the ban on (what they consider) assault weapons. There has been a run on weapons and ammo since November and a lot of shortages around the country. However, at least when it comes to ammo for shotguns and rifles, there's no shortage around here. Yet.

Mojo Chick'n :

I've read on some forums that some of the ammo (like the stuff for the "assault" rifles) are going to the military for target practice, etc... I have no idea if this is true, or not. but I wouldn't doubt that the Govt. is buying up a lot of it.

Also, there are a LOT more people trying to stock up before it is too outrageously priced or outlawed to buy in larger quantities.

Makes me wish I had bought more at the gun shows when you could get it for a fourth of what it costs now - they had skids of the stuff, and now ya can't hardly find it in any quantity even at gun shows.

The world is getting more and more strange, lately.

meri

Yeah, dh (veteran) says quite a lot of the ammo is going to the military. On another note I just got some 223 and didn't hear anyone here having a hard time, maybe I should go back to the gun store and see
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom