Amorous roo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by heyjude1, Feb 29, 2012.

1. heyjude1

heyjude1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2011
    tennessee
    I have a yr old Buff Orp Rooster who is definitely in need of some technique lessons when it comes to "how to treat my Lady" He has two hens that he is just alittle too amorous with and has bared their backs.. I purchased chicken saddles and the girls couldn't be happier... They look kind of cute in their new attire....[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I have the same problem. One rooster to 16 hens and he still likes two that he 'favors'. They, too, wear aprons.

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    She's so cute! She looks happy. [​IMG]

4. calvincoop

calvincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    I bought aprons for my rooster's 2 favorite girls and when I put it on one of them (Emma) my rooster flipped out and started making warning calls for the other girls to stay away from her. He wouldn't go near her, he was really freaked out that she was wearing this "strange and menacing contraption". My poor Emma was trying to keep up with the rest of the group while they were all running away from her. it was really funny at first but then I felt bad and took it off of her. The whole thing was a disaster. Is that normal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by