Ampromed P (20%) vs. Corid (20%)

RozzyRoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
One of my chicks came down with coccidiosis. The closest farm supply with medication only had Ampromed P. Since treatment is recommended asap, I purchased the package and began treatment. Thankfully the bloody stool has improved. Problem is, the next closest farm supply has Corid, not Ampromed and the one package is not going to be enough since I've only been treating them for 3 days.

Does anyone know if it is ok to start with one brand & continue with the other brand, both brands being the 20% ampolium powder?

Thanks for any input!

If both brands are the same molecule - ie: 20 amprolium - then there is no problem changing between the two, it's only the brand name that changes, not the medication.

Think of it as taking a tablet for a headache - it doesn't matter if you buy Advil, Excedrin or Motrin - they all contain the same ingredient, ibuprofen, and will all do exactly the same thing.

Pictures of amprolium product that are just like Corid:

More product pictures:

Dose for both product above is the same as Corid:

-Kathy

Last edited:
When will my hen look better? Not walking or standing. She is on Albon, about 60 mg per day the test of my flck is on Coris. Started treatment 48 hours ago.

Yes vet prescribed. She was just over Two pounds. Vet said my girl had the most cysts she has ever seen in a slide. It is avian Vet too, so qualified.

Yes vet prescribed. She was just over Two pounds. Vet said my girl had the most cysts she has ever seen in a slide. It is avian Vet too, so qualified.

One gal had one that couldn't walk for several days. Is your girl eating and drinking?

-Kathy

Thank you for answering. She is eating some. Her crumbles, scratch, a bite of hamburger, and some water. Not enough, but her poo is firmer

Back
Top Bottom