an egg broke inside my silkie hen!

Sorry, stupid tablet.

Can you give her some calcium, wait about an hour, then let her stand in your bathtub in warm water, in the dark, for an hour or more?
ok, does oystershell work? She isn’t wanting to eat or drink.

You might find fishmox at Walmart or a local pet store.
unfortunately I’m 30 minutes from the nearest store, and I can’t drive . I looked for it before, but it wasn’t there. I have a lot of college to do, and I still haven’t eaten today

ok, does oystershell work? She isn’t wanting to eat or drink.
No, for this she needs human calcium citrate or calcium gluconate for cattle. If you don have either of those you could try tums.

My heart aches for you as this is probably one of the more serious poultry illnesses to treat. Do you know how to tube feed?

No, for this she needs human calcium citrate or calcium gluconate for cattle. If you don have either of those you could try tums.

My heart aches for you as this is probably one of the more serious poultry illnesses to treat. Do you know how to tube feed?
thank you for all your help... I really don’t want to lose her, I’ve always been able to save my birds, from broken legs and wings, to prolapse and a 4 month long unknown illness that required force feeding and hydrating... I really hope I. Can fix her up. She seems very tired:hitshe is my only bantam, and I really love her.

Back
Top Bottom