An entire gallon of sealed spoiled milk - Paneer cheese??

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
Any ideas??

What happened was this: the gallon was in the camper and got forgotten. The fridge in there was running so it has been kept cold, but it's sell by date - JULY!!!

I hate to throw it out. I won't drink it. Any ideas what can be made with a whole gallon of spoiled 2%

Can't make sourdough can I?? Can't make yogurt??

Just found recipe for paneer cheese? Has anyone made it??

Last edited:
Pasturized milk just goes bad. Unpasturized goes sour and you could make sourdough out of, but even unpasturized that old I wouldnt use.I wouldnt open it either.
sickbyc.gif
smelly chunky milk

toss it. as milk gets older it starts accumulating bad bacteria, bacteria you don't want in your cheese. in cheesemaking, you try to control the bacteria and molds present by using fresh milk and adding the bacteria and molds that you want present. the best milk to make cheese with is less than 3 days old

i've gathered this info over the last month or so (don't want anyone thinking i'm a cheese expert, or anything
tongue.png
)

cheese is something you make with excess milk, not old, left over milk
smile.png

Yuck. I think raw milk will sour and make a culture but not store bought. I can taste the badness exactly one day before, not after, the store sell-by date. I must have that super taster gene, which I think is sometimes more of a curse than anything.
I remember a " King of the Hill episode when Bobby was taking Ritalin and was too hyped up. He was sitting at the kitchen table and goes " the milk in the fridge is going to go go bad......right....now". Sometimes I feel like him.
Spoiled milk gives me the ultimate in gag reflex.
I might, however, clabbers it with lemon juice or make it in to yogurt and give it to the chickens, for what it's worth, thinking that a very low acidity would probably not allow any bad bacteria to get along. If you were successful in making it into yogurt, or even better, kefir, I'm sure the good bacterias would far outweigh the bads.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom