An idea for a new list, which hatcheries cary what breeds.

warmfuzzies

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Could we make a list of which breeds each hatchery offers? Like have an alphabetical list of the breeds, and then list the hatcheries (from the sticky) that have each one? I knwo it would be a lot of work, but it would be very helpful both to people ordering chicks, and to people trying to figure out what breeds they may have from feedstores.

this would be REALLY REALLY great becuase i want ee's ..... can't find any....
does anyone have this much time to to this?!

Quote:
Uuhh. . . WHAT? I don't know of ANY hatchery who doesn't sell Easter Eggers. . . You do know that every "Americana" hatcheries sell, they're EEs right?
wink.png

you cant find ees? thats really weird. i dont even KNOW of a hatchery that does NOT sell them. many will lie and say they are americanas, they spell it wrong to trick people i guess. but cackle sells easter eggers, they call them easter eggers, and they are great.

Quote:
How funny. The other day I thought, I wonder if anyone would like that. I could do it this winter, but there is no way I could do it until then.

If someone would like to get started on something like this soon on their BYC page, please go ahead! It would make a great reference! Link me when you are done!

Thanks!

We have the Easter Egger chickens . Our Easter Eggers are the most popular product visited on our website.

I wish there was a high quality breeders directory online. Buygamebirds.com tried but they do not allow you to have over a small number of breeds.

SPPA tries but they do not publish it online or have a website of much substance at all.

ALBC tries but they obviously have missed the boat on poultry as they only list breeds not varieties. Apparently they don't think that varieties are very important. They have a nice website, have a quality classfieds website, but they do not have their breeders directory published online.

Back
Top Bottom