An LOL for anyone who needs it

srose0116

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Here are my ducks
DD846EC9-2C37-4958-BF87-45B2186763A3.jpeg

Baby and Honey.
They are a little odd. They have this entire pond.
FAF2FBF8-A6F5-4DEF-984D-9F665C988D13.jpeg
In which they used to love when they were a flock of six. Here is me the day before they moved out to the pond.
Here‘s your laugh for the day. Honey and Baby having a blast in their water bucket, right next to a pond they could go in if they wanted.
E5E2A8EE-D6B6-4C92-B6C2-663AABC46DFE.jpeg
753ED563-FCD1-4399-9911-3690E33964AE.jpeg

It won’t let me post the video. But they are within twenty feet of the pond. Happy as can be. With their water bucket.
Moral of the story: ducks don’t always need a big fancy pond. Sometimes they are just happy with a large bucket of water. 😂

Hah! Ours don’t like bodies of water either, but Indian runners were used as pest control in the shallow water of the rice fields, so it makes sense. Maybe it’s just a general domestic duck thing? They are too cute!!

Hah! Ours don’t like bodies of water either, but Indian runners were used as pest control in the shallow water of the rice fields, so it makes sense. Maybe it’s just a general domestic duck thing? They are too cute!!
Interesting! I’m adding two runners and a harlequin to my flock in a few weeks! So I guess only the Welsh harlequin will be into swimming. 😂 that makes swim time easier. 😅

Here are my ducks
View attachment 2340761
Baby and Honey.
They are a little odd. They have this entire pond. View attachment 2340765In which they used to love when they were a flock of six. Here is me the day before they moved out to the pond.
Here‘s your laugh for the day. Honey and Baby having a blast in their water bucket, right next to a pond they could go in if they wanted.
View attachment 2340775View attachment 2340776
It won’t let me post the video. But they are within twenty feet of the pond. Happy as can be. With their water bucket.
Moral of the story: ducks don’t always need a big fancy pond. Sometimes they are just happy with a large bucket of water. 😂
I have a similar story. I dump out old water daily and replace it all with nice clean crystalline water and my entire flock RUNS to the dumped water and sips it up as it slithers through the dirt like the finest wine. Chickens and ducks can be so strange sometimes XD.

Back
Top Bottom