An update about chesepeake energy thread PIC s included

Quote:
Chesepeake Energy is drilling natural gas wells here in Arkansas now. It is not benefiting us to my knowledge. the traffic is non stop and so is the noise. Our house is about 40 feet from the side fence and 75 from the back fence. We own 100 feet past the fence one both sides and back. They are putting in an access road down about 800 feet ( a guess I am not really good with distances) from the side of the house that you can see and hear all that enter and exit. They clear the land to be able to bring all the drilling rigs and equipment. We do not own any of the land that they have cleared. It will be a well and pipeling route and hopefully not a pumping station also. We have one of those across the road already. The pond thay are putting in is for waste water from the drilling of the well. They have already signed it private and no trespassing even though they can park thier trucks righ by out fence. They were not interested in leasing our land as we only have about 2 acres and the guy that held the land next door would not sell us 3 or 4 acres 3 years ago, said he was holding if for family and sentimental reasons, he owns a car dealership in town and has the bucks. When they start drilling the whole area is lit up like daylight 24 / 7 and I am worried sick for the chickens and how they will deal with this. The last 7 wells that they have on this road have take way more time then they tell you it will. Watch out for those lease agreements and the negotiations will always work to the companies favor and not near enough compensation according to my neighbors who thought that they would get rich quick from all of this. The Chesepeake folks did offer to buy us out ,,, offered $5000.00 for our home and land! We paid over $50,000 and now I am sure the value is going south real quick, And in my book ,, 300 feet is not even near enough distance away from some ones space, the noise the dirt and dust and the inconvience is most times intollerable.

5000?? What an insult! Im sorry you are going thru all of this
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom