An update on Steven, and some new pics, and a prayer request

His Drill weekend isn't going well,, it driving me batty that I can't help him. I know he has to come to grips with what's going on and either poop or get off the pot but darn it I just can't stand to see him lose anymore!

So sorry you are having to go through this!! Will keep both you and Steven in my thoughts and prayers!
hugs.gif

Thanks! He got home a few minutes ago, it was a rough weekend but there were high points too. He is sunburned, sore, and exhausted, but in a pretty decent mood.

I hope his good mood continues and he throws off the funk he's been going through and starts making better decisions!

Writer, I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope he gets it together soon.

I will tell you that fifteen years ago I made two decisions that made my parents completely despair for my sanity and my future-- I dropped out of law school in the middle of the first semester and I got divorced (only person in my entire family to divorce in the absence of substance abuse or violence issues). My mom thought it was the end of the world, wanted me to move back home RIGHT NOW, lost lots of sleep over it. But I knew my heart and I adore being a nurse, I'm happily married (ten years next month!), and we have a beautiful family. I had to stop trying to be the person I thought I was "supposed" to be to have enough room to become the person God meant me to be. No matter what your son decides right now, it may be in service to a better future than either of you imagines. Good luck to both of you!

Thanks Roe. If I thought he was making decisions based on what he wanted to do with his life I wouldn't worry so much, he's always such a level head. He is as lost as I am about dealing with himself right now.
We had a good talk last night though, and he's going to try and focus more on his Army duties, he realizes he's hurting himself right now and a few decisions have been really bad ones. He'll figure out the bad influences in his life on his own, at this age I can't do much there without alienating him and I sure don't want that to happen. I'm just trying to watch and support right now, I can't say much unless asked and that's a time bomb in itself. I'm sure glad I have you guys to vent to.

celebrate.gif
Steven showed up unexpectedly at my classroom this afternoon and spent about an hour with us. It was great! My students just love him, but he was smiling and happy and in a great mood. He went out to his Unit to ask about maybe working out there on order for awhile, they aren't doing the 90 day orders but they are going to give him a week and see how it goes, then if they can extend it another week they will.
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes, I really think they are help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom