Ancona Duck Website Update

Quote:
3 things (but if you are getting out why bother. White is the dominate color not black. Why favor dark chocolate over milk chocolate, the milks are pretty birds too! Are you sure about green sheen on Dark chocolate? it would be the only non black duck with green sheen. I have seen a sheen on chocolates but it looked more purple than green.

I guess I didn't think about white being a "color", though of course it is. Maybe I should mention that at the top, so the rest of it makes sense. Is it truely a full Mendelian dominant/recessive? Or does it have an "additive" effect? You don't always get it in the same pattern or amount, so I wonder if more than one genes goes into play with it. That is one thing I will investigate further.
smile.png

I bought Dave Holderread's book on the written breed standard for Anconas. He said to favor dark chocolate over milk chocolate. And yes, you can see a green sheen on the nice chocolates. Hopefully,I can capture it in our camera. It's not purple, it's truely green. But it only shows up on the dark chocolates. I "think" it even came through a bit on one of our really dark, deep blue drakes yesterday (could just be my eyes). If I can photograph that, I'll be ecstatic!

OH! I forgot to add that for those in the MidWest-ish area, it might be possible to get ducks to you. We can easily travel to Louisville/Cincinnati area. Would ya'll be interested in going on a group delivery?

Quote:
I have no idea what shipping grown ducks would cost. In summer yet! Can you ballpark it for like 5 ducks? to MA?

Ugh I've admired your flock since before I had any. I'm heartbroken you're selling off - your birds are lovely and I have appreciated your photos so much.

Let's assume 5 adult ducks so it will be the highest price possible. They would need

1 OMNI & 1 Single box(+filter), so that's : $25+$8 = $33
Postage for Express Mail for OMNI and 4 birds weighing ~28lbs to Worcester, MA = $116.55
Postage for Express Mail for Single and 1 birds weighing ~8lbs to Worcester, MA = $54.15
Shipping Total = $203.70
The price for 5 adult ducks = $75 for trio and $60 for pair (assuming these are both female)
FINAL TOTAL = $338.70

I assumed Worcester, MA as an average because it's in the middle of the state. I had no idea that postage prices had gone up SOOO bad. Maybe it would be cheaper with FedEx, but I doubt it. Do remember,I OVERestimated the birds' weight. So it would likely be under $200, but not by much.

Wow, it's expensive. I guess this will end most people's interest in shipping our ducks, lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom