Ancona Ducklings

Loved the pics of the anconas....i just cannot find them in canada...sigh...
I've been working with magpies for 4 years and i think personalities are pretty similar....One day i'll have pure anconas!
Right now i settle for the mismarked magpie babies (still adorable of course) that my flock spits out so often....
Congrats on all those new babes!

Oh, I love all the pics
love.gif
Sigh, I keep telling myself that it isn't that long until March!

Tara, google chinook ancona and it should bring up two breeders in Canada!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Pick them up one by one, and compare their voices. Refer here:
first is male, second is female.
Has anyone got curly tail feathers yet? Only boys get them.

All the Anconas sound the same, and none have curly tail feathers. (One of the Black Swedes definitely sounds male and has 1 or 2 curly tail feathers.) Could it be that I have the great good luck to get 7 female ducks from 7 straight run ducklings?

I got Anconas from Cackle in May, and am completely satisfied. They truly don't have those awful hierarchical battles that other ducks we've had seem to have. Though there is one who thinks she's smarter than everyone else, and leads adamantly from behind. As in, New Food. You go eat it and report back.

I was looking at the Anconas offered by Cackle and Estes and I wanted to cry....they truly look bad to me. Their markings look more Magpie than Ancona
hit.gif
Plus they only carry black and white. Gosh I miss my Sasha now (Lavender and white Ancona) and my Chocolate, KitKat. *sigh*

These are what my Ancona looked like (with my GWH)...I think you will notice the difference

Onyx, I lost him, his mate Sasha and KitKat in July Onyx was my daughter's pet

Onyx.jpg

A Black and white, Onyx with two Chocolate and white

playtime3.jpg

asking4moretime.jpg

My Sasha,

HPIM5356.jpg

center back of pic Lavender and white

playtime.jpg

Front in the pool

3.jpg

Hershey

HPIM5349.jpg

KitKat

KitKatnHershey.jpg

KitKat, His mate Mounds and Onyx

HPIM5336.jpg

I think I am going to wait until I can good breeder Ancona or Holderreads can breed them again. I am just heartbroken. Hershey was accepted in the Harlequin group but they chase Moundas away and attack her...and worse, she has been laying a clutch and trying to brood babies. I finally took the eggs away from her because I know they are not fertile so tonight she is sleeping in a large dog crate inside my chicken coop all by herself. Friday I am ordering her some baby Swedish to ship on Monday....hopefully she will accept them and have some company and babies to raise until I can get some Ancona. *sigh*

Last edited:
Really....I will have to watch for these babies. I did not know she had some due that soon. Thank you sooooooo much.

Your welcome Cetawin but I must warn you that I will be horribly jealous and happy for you at the same time. If you get them you must post pictures so that I may make myself crazy over the cuteness of the ducklings that I didn't get!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom