Ancona Rooster Dying

Permethrin garden dust and permethrin 10 concentrate mixed with water or the ready mix is good against lice or mites. Since lice reproduce every 10 days, you will need to treat 2-3 times at 10 days intervals as you see lice moving on the skin. Bedding in the coop and nest boxes all need to be removed far away, coop, nests, and roosts need to be sprayed, then new bedding replaced. It is real pain, but that is the best way to get rid of them. Elector PSP is another good treatment, but is more expensive. DE will not treat an outbreak. Ivermectin is another possible treatment.

I've tried DE, setting up more dust bathing spots (including in the coop for winter), giving dawn dish soap bathes or bathing with flea shampoo (while I spray the coop down with bleach). I air out the coop and keep the chickens outside to dry. This helps but only for a little bit, they always come back.
I'd use Permethrin or one of the other products that has been suggested.
Sadly, DE isn't an effective treatment for an infestation.
👇
Permethrin garden dust and permethrin 10 concentrate mixed with water or the ready mix is good against lice or mites. Since lice reproduce every 10 days, you will need to treat 2-3 times at 10 days intervals as you see lice moving on the skin. Bedding in the coop and nest boxes all need to be removed far away, coop, nests, and roosts need to be sprayed, then new bedding replaced. It is real pain, but that is the best way to get rid of them. Elector PSP is another good treatment, but is more expensive. DE will not treat an outbreak. Ivermectin is another possible treatment.

Back
Top Bottom