And he/she is a....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by goats_n_chicks, Jun 16, 2009.

1. goats_n_chicks

goats_n_chicks In the Brooder

May 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

I thought this one came from a batch of 3 chicks at auction marked Golden Comets, but after seeing some pictures of EE, well now I don't have a clue.

Any ideas?

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Def. a roo!! As far as breed, I think he looks like a mutt... does he have feathering on his legs?

I don't know enough about golden comets to comment on that though.

3. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Well, his legs aren't green like EE's typically are... Could he simply be a heinz 57? Does it matter to you (I mean I can understand if you only want a roo the same breed as your girls, especially if you're going to hatch out the eggs)? He's very pretty no matter what he is!

4. noitulover

noitulover Songster

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    i would say RIR/EE Roo mutt!

the muffs would be fromt the EE, as well as some of the hackle coloring, but no pea comb, so definitely not even a very "true" EE, (knowing of course, EEs are not true breeds, i just mean that the araucana/ameraucana gene is VERY diluted; ie no pea comb, no green or slate legs)

and the tail/body feathering and single comb looks like an RIR roo or even NHR

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I say salmon faverolle cross. He has white legs, single comb, beard/muff, almost salmon coloring. I have no clue what he is a cross with, possibly a RIR.

6. goats_n_chicks

goats_n_chicks In the Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Quote:I was thinking that he was a roo.
    Doesn't matter that much what breed he is, curiosity was getting the best of me.
    We are also trying to keep our roo population down to a minimum, which is a shame because our coolest looking birds are roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: