And here I thought SSS was only for BYC folks

Quote:
Well considering that back in the springtime she asked us if we would care if she hunted squirrel on our place, you might not be far off.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Impy, something got one of my dark brahma hens first and I really have my doubts about a hawk being able to pull that off considering the smallest of my brahma hens weighs a tad bit under 8 lbs. But the others, yeah it was a hawk. So fox or coyote for the brahma, hawk for the smaller chickens. We do have a pair of nesting golden eagles on the farm too, but I've never seen them but from a distance.

I like that little old lady, she sounds like my grandmaw. She was pistle ball. From what I've been reading on here it sounds like there are no shortage of hawks. The last hawk that ate one of my chickens must choked on a bone. I know something made it awful sick.

My sixty-some odd years old mom just said something about SSS this Saturday. Sure did make me do a double-take. I think we were talking about mt. lions, though... Not chickens.

Even if a hawk cant carry off a bird it will still kill it and drag it away. My grandma hates animals and had the police drown a family of foxes! It was three cubs and two parents and she doesnt even have any pets!
he.gif

Quote:
As a matter of fact.....
lol.png

The way I understand it she is in her late 60s. Her husband passed about two years ago but was bedridden for alot of years before he passed. She somehow finds time to care for her commercial chicken houses (2), a large herd of cattle, hunt, fish, keep a clean house and bake all by herself. She makes me tired just watching her.

Back
Top Bottom