and I am back........

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by klf73, Mar 28, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    So after a coyote took most of my project birds last year and our beloved laying hens I was ready to give up chickens altogether. Dh came home safely from Afghanistan and now that spring is coming he has convinced me to move forward with some of the projects I was coming up with from the hatches I had from last year. I will shortly have new breeding coop/pens. I will be pulling out the bator and for the first time I will be incubating my eggs and not shipped ones (am sure the ladies at the P.O. will miss me [​IMG] ). I have also been bit by the Orp bug...had one roo hatch from some eggs I got last year. He is massive and oh so sweet, even to the banties that are still in his pen(roo included), so I had to ask Julie for some chicks to get him some girls. Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi" [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Welcome back to both of you and thanks for your service! [​IMG]

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My DH came safely back from Afghanistan too... and boy was he surprised to see how the flock had 'grown'! Good luck with your Orps!!! keep us posted! oh, and i want to see a pic of your roo!

4. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

So glad tht your DH is home safely. Also glad to see you "back in the saddle," so to speak! Best of luck with your new project and welcome back! [​IMG]

5. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Hi Krista! You probably don't remember me but my kids and I stopped by a couple years ago to give a bunch of roos a ride to MA. My son had so much fun with your boys. I'm SO glad your DH returned safely!

Have fun with your orp projects!

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    yes I remember you! I have some Russian Orloff roos that need to go.....wanna take them [​IMG]
    thanks for the welcomes and I hope to be able to spend more time on here.

7. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG] and WELCOME BACK!!!b

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by