1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

And so it begins...:)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Eggsoteric, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Got started on my third and last mobile coop this weekend, the "Banty Shanty."

The right side. This side will have two large doors that open fully; there will be another door on the left side opposite the nesting box wall:

[​IMG]

Looking from the back, window framed out. The contraption to the left will eventually be the nesting boxes:

[​IMG]

Some siding added:

[​IMG]

View from the front (where the auto chicken door will be):

[​IMG]

Most of the materials I'm using (sans some hardware) are repurposed. This, along with the other mobile coops house my chickens during the Spring, Summer and part of Fall. They're back in their stationary coops (near electricity) for the winter months.

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    Looks like you're off to a good start!

3. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    The weather really hasn't been cooperating, but, got a tiny bit more done on the Banty Shanty:

[​IMG]

Still have much to do but you can kind of get the idea as to the look I'm going for. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by