And so it begins.....

Original Recipe

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
Hello all, Original Recipe here from Independence, MO. My wife and I made the decision to get into chicken keeping early this spring. Neither one of us knew anything about it or where to start, but we found this site (and a few others) and started learning quite a bit. Long story short, I've spent the whole summer lurking through the forums here while building our coop (a tractor actually).

We spent a good deal of time researching what varieties would be best suited for us and we settled on Golden Comets. We really wanted to start with pullets that were just starting to lay but never could find any so we jumped in feet first and got fresh chicks. We've only had them for two days now but they seem to be doing great.

We've tried to do all our homework, but I know there's still much to learn and I'm sure we'll have lots of questions. Just wanted to stop in and say hello and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community here.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Welcome to BYC. You've done things the right way - plan first then get your chickens. Good luck with those chicks.

Back
Top Bottom