and speaking of slings-which do you suggest?

junebug7334

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
My DD wants a sling or carrier for her baby(due end of Sept.) and she heard the "Hot Sling" was the best. I have to admit: at first I thought it was some kind of 'bedroom toy'
roll.png
---I felt silly when she said it was a baby carrier!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

ha ha...bedroom toy. sillyness.

i ordered mine from a local gal here...she's got a website called lillysbeans?

I just looked...I can't seem to find her.

But I found one like the one I have:

http://www.pronto.com/ZoloWear-Cotton-Ring-Sling-Metro-p_1082715595-PP

I liked it alot...You can put the baby in in different postitions....laying down when they are baby and the sitting on hip like this shows and even have had it where I pushed her around so she was on my back when she got older. The ring allows the fabric to tighten or to loosen so it's adjustable.

Helps alot...very comfortable and easy to maneuver.

My local gal suggest to load and unload the baby while kneeling on the bed to get a feel for it but after the first few times...I wore mine all the time...even when she started to toddle...I just wore it because eventually she's want me to carry her again and it just saves your arms and your back.

I chose a pretty tie dye turqiose blue color for my baby girl...thinking if I ever had a baby boy...the color would work too.

me,
g

I made one for my babies. Then we got an Ergo. I liked the homemade unpadded one. It wasn't too hot, even in summer. I can make one like the maya wrap, google it, if you like.

I loved my hotsling, but also like the good old standby of a ring sling. Maya Wrap is good (sling, not pouch for a young baby). I like it because it's adjustable so can "grow" with the baby, but you can also use it in several different positions and I can loosen it so that I can nurse the baby in the sling. I had many a person come to look at the baby, peek over the edge and get a peek at more than they intended! It's very discreet! heh

Thanks everyone! I think the sling is one of the best things to come along! Of course--really it's been around for a long time but.....Okay I will look up the sites!

Back
Top Bottom