DSCN5159.JPG

Preparing for liftoff...
DSCN5160.JPG

And We're OFF!!!!

DSCN5161.JPG

DSCN5162.JPG

Ahh, they grow up so fast
tongue.png

Her sister was up there with her too but I went to check on the calf and she jumped down before i got back to take their pictures, would have been great if they both took off at the same time!
tongue.png

Quote:
So how did they get up there?

Muscovy can fly. But they usually just fly around a little and I've never had one fly away. They know where their corn is buttered.
tongue.png

Bleenie, Fantastic pics! My babies are just starting to realize they can fly too. They havent been on the roof or the 2nd story deck yet, but I expect to see them there soon enough.

Well they started on the fence, then onto the top of the run and then right up the coop roof they went! lol. The funniest part was watching them balance themselves on the peak while they walked down to the end of the roof to decide where they were going to fly down to. The other girl must have gotten impatient waiting behind the "Squeaks" because she just jumped and flew back down into the bird area where everyone else was.
roll.png

"Squeaks" flew a full circle and ended up back in the bird area too, but she was obviously quite happy with herself.. the head bobbing, huffing and cooing didn't quit for almost 3 minutes afterward
lol.png

Quote:
So how did they get up there?

Last edited:
Oh you are making me nervous! How old are your ducks? Mine are really working on those wings and flapping while being on their tippie toes. I am trying to get brave to clip a wing but still am not sure how to do so.
wink.png

they do look good though. If I wasn't so worried that they would find themselves in big trouble or fly away then I would let them be. It would be Awesome to see my birds fly!!!

Back
Top Bottom