And the babies can fly!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

"You got the camera ready, right mom?"
    [​IMG]

Scanning the terrain...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Preparing for liftoff...
    [​IMG]

And We're OFF!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ahh, they grow up so fast [​IMG]

2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Fantastic Bleenie.
    Thank you so much.
    got the camera ready?
    lol

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Ohhh, Bleenie! Thank you so much for sharing that series of photos! That was wonderful!

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Her sister was up there with her too but I went to check on the calf and she jumped down before i got back to take their pictures, would have been great if they both took off at the same time! [​IMG]

5. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Great pics....

6. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:So how did they get up there?

7. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009

Muscovy can fly. But they usually just fly around a little and I've never had one fly away. They know where their corn is buttered. [​IMG]

Bleenie, Fantastic pics! My babies are just starting to realize they can fly too. They havent been on the roof or the 2nd story deck yet, but I expect to see them there soon enough.

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Well they started on the fence, then onto the top of the run and then right up the coop roof they went! lol. The funniest part was watching them balance themselves on the peak while they walked down to the end of the roof to decide where they were going to fly down to. The other girl must have gotten impatient waiting behind the "Squeaks" because she just jumped and flew back down into the bird area where everyone else was. [​IMG]

"Squeaks" flew a full circle and ended up back in the bird area too, but she was obviously quite happy with herself.. the head bobbing, huffing and cooing didn't quit for almost 3 minutes afterward [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Awww great pictures! That is a happy looking duck!! xxxx

10. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Oh you are making me nervous! How old are your ducks? Mine are really working on those wings and flapping while being on their tippie toes. I am trying to get brave to clip a wing but still am not sure how to do so.
    [​IMG]
    they do look good though. If I wasn't so worried that they would find themselves in big trouble or fly away then I would let them be. It would be Awesome to see my birds fly!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by