And With A Big Bang

i have never had something like this happen to me beforeand i do respect electricty. i have wired celing fans all sorts of things but i admit this one has me stumped.

Yep, read it. Did the same thing hundreds of times. That's what fuses are for. When I was in high school learning wiring the teacher would give us a wiring diagram an set us to wire it up. Then when we though it was right we came over an plugged it in. If it was right everything worked. If not, BANG! Go back an try again. Hundreds of bangs a day. Sure its nice to just call someone that knows but that never gets you any where. I do think you should never experiment with wiring alone though. Always good to have someone around to hit ya with a broom if ya grab bare wires or something cause you will at some point in your life if you do much wiring.

hmm.png
caf.gif
totally givan up on the idea of a dimmer swith on lamp to much hassle.
barnie.gif
i could not find a wirering diagram anywhere, evan whent to an electrical shop to my surprise no help at all. so i have gone for the plug in dimmer switch. you cant get these where i live so got one ordered on ebay.
thanks for everyones help.
will keep you updated on how it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom