And you thought your commute was terrible? Worst Train Ride Ever!

I just assumed they were getting off at the same stop, but imagine if 1 person way in the middle had to get off at that stop as all the people were rushing to be crammed in?? NO WAY are you getting off that train!

hippie solution = beans,, breakfast, lunch, and dinnah
big_smile.png

maybe even midnight snack
smile.png

Well I hope it hasn't changed too awfully much from the early `70's. What the video doesn't show is everyone waiting to board patiently allowing all of those riders gettiing off from exiting completely before the oshyi (pushers) start their packing.

Used to ride to and from Tokyo/Yokohama (looks the same, pretty much). Everyone was polite to a fault. For urban living you couldn't really beat Japan (even those who were openly contemptuous would let me buy them a drink and they'd always end up buying the rest). A few old men spat at my feet but that was as far as it went. You could pass out in a station at 3AM and no one would steal your shoes, but that was 1973 for ya.

Took several extended trips into NYC (`75' '76). I rather enjoyed the `artwork' on the cars, but the behavior was abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom