Anemia? please help!

Chickensinthesun

Chirping
Nov 19, 2019
This is Cathy my 2-year-old white leghorn, I'm pretty sure she has Anemia because she is weak and her comb has become pale and shrunk but I'm not sure, and if she does or any other disease I would really like to know some tips on how to help her!
IMG-4998.jpg

I do have diatomaceous earth which I have been told can help mites but I wasn’t sure how often to sprinkle it around and on the chicken so I have only done it once

This is Cathy my 2-year-old white leghorn, I'm pretty sure she has Anemia because she is weak and her comb has become pale and shrunk but I'm not sure, and if she does or any other disease I would really like to know some tips on how to help her!
Where are you located in the world?

A better photo of all of her, her poop and one of her beak would be good.

A pale comb that has shrunk, likely she may be starting to molt or she's gone out of lay.
Feel her abdomen below the vent between her legs for swelling, bloat or fluid. Check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight and examine her really well for mites and lice.

It would hurt to see that she staying hydrated and give her poultry vitamins a couple of times a week.

Back
Top Bottom