Angel wing in ducks, & how we wrap to mend it - Pictorial

Pics
This one wing when he adjust doe it lay flat? usually when mine have the heavy blood feathers and they go through the droop adjust stage they hang but not out like the one in your pic? he could be scrapping it across something fencing, duck house. I don't think it's AW though.But does it lay flat against his body one he adjust it. 

It doesn't lay flat, but it does sit closer to his body when he adjusts his wings.

It doesn't lay flat, but it does sit closer to his body when he adjusts his wings.
He may have gotten it caught on something if the other one isn't hanging like that. You might want to wrap just to keep it in place for a few day s to see if it makes any difference. Wrap it just like it would lay naturally. Pretty Scovy's too.

700.jpg
Day #9. Cut the duct tape top and bottom of the left wing today, the tape is still very sticky, may have to put him in the bathtub with some warm water to help get it off. He's able to move the wing a little bit now, looks like it will be 100% better, will post picture when the tape is off.

Last edited by a moderator:
700.jpg
1000.jpg
Soaking the little fella in the tub and warm water awhile to loosen the tape, this is the first time I'v kept one in the house to fix angel wing, usually keep them in an outside pen with a bigger water bowl and they get wet enough on their own. Whatever it takes. He's been a good little patient, and he's quite the fiesty one when you catch him be grabs ahold of some skin and won't let go. :)

700.jpg
Day #9. Cut the duct tape top and bottom of the left wing today, the tape is still very sticky, may have to put him in the bathtub with some warm water to help get it off. He's able to move the wing a little bit now, looks like it will be 100% better, will post picture when the tape is off.
Good luck getting it all off. Happy to hear it looks better.

700.jpg
1000.jpg
Soaking the little fella in the tub and warm water awhile to loosen the tape, this is the first time I'v kept one in the house to fix angel wing, usually keep them in an outside pen with a bigger water bowl and they get wet enough on their own. Whatever it takes. He's been a good little patient, and he's quite the fiesty one when you catch him be grabs ahold of some skin and won't let go. :)
OUCH'eeee... I know your pain. I just experienced the skin grab with a duck I was treating for a snapper attack.

Just as I had suspected, my guy got out of his first wrap barnie.gif Re-wrapped him last night and today it is still on wee.gif

Well, I took the second wrap off tonight. The wing had slipped and the tip was actually sticking out under the wrap. It seems to have stayed on long enough. I'm going to watch it real close.

Back
Top Bottom