Angel wing in ducks, & how we wrap to mend it - Pictorial

Pics
Does my duck have angel wings or just too heavy for them as they are getting their feathers? It's the Rouen duck I'm curious about here are some pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    883.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    976.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1262.JPG
    IMG_1262.JPG
    562.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    598.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    424.7 KB · Views: 18
Does my duck have angel wings or just too heavy for them as they are getting their feathers? It's the Rouen duck I'm curious about here are some pictures...

I would say he has the start of some angel wing. My Ancona drakes wing looked the same until I wrapped. He literally only needed 24 hours of being wrapped up before it fixed it. I used vet wrap. Took it off after 24 hours and it no longer bent outwards but it hung low. After a week or 10 days he managed to fix that as well. I think his feathers were just heavy as he got the mature feathers. Can't even tell he ever had an issue now a month or so later.

Angel wing not fix itself and they don't grow into their wings when they have angel wing.

When ducks are growing in their flight feathers and they are full of blood they are heavy and they will droop but not stick out like we see in your duck especially left wing.

Either wrap now or you'll have to wait till she molts and when feathers start growing in wrap them.

At 6 weeks it may be to late but still worth a try.

So I tried the vet wrap and it was only me so it was a challenge and it started coming off a little bit so I saw someone use a cut off sleeve somewhere so I just put it on over top of the wrap. I hope it's not too tight and that I put the wings in the right place...I was worried I'd harm the blood feathers but I think I'll leave it on until Thursday and check...if u see anything that I need to change please let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 19
So I tried the vet wrap and it was only me so it was a challenge and it started coming off a little bit so I saw someone use a cut off sleeve somewhere so I just put it on over top of the wrap. I hope it's not too tight and that I put the wings in the right place...I was worried I'd harm the blood feathers but I think I'll leave it on until Thursday and check...if u see anything that I need to change please let me know!

No swimming when wrapped. Looks good hope it does the trick!

Back
Top Bottom