Angel wing on 13 week old geese

Dacris

Hatching
Jun 30, 2023
My two geese have started showing signs of what I believe to be angel wing in the past week. They turned 13 weeks old yesterday(7/3). They are allowed to free range in the day and at night I provide Mazuri waterfowl maintenance in their enclosure.

These last two weeks I have not been as consistent on filling their feed every night as my dad told me they would eat cracked corn with the chickens while I’m at work. I assumed they could get some nutrients from that. However reading online, I’m seeing some sources recommend only to give grains to laying birds or during the winter.

What is the right move for my geese? I was thinking wrapping their wings, cutting them off from the corn and sticking to the mazuri maintenance at night. Thanks for any help that can be provided. I’ve attached pictures of my boys for reference (Zenaida and Sebastian).

Attachments

• IMG_9643.jpeg
    IMG_9643.jpeg
    595.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    630.3 KB · Views: 22
Thank you so much. I managed to wrap their wings but they keep taking it off. :(

Any advice on how to keep their wings wrapped up?

YES THIS >>> I was thinking wrapping their wings, cutting them off from the corn and sticking to the mazuri maintenance at night.

To keep the wrap on,
if you have a large pair of stretchy pants (maybe sweats? if not get from thrift shop?) and cut a piece of the leg that fits around goose body covering wings, that should stay on better, I used a cut piece of sock on a duckling...

Back
Top Bottom