Angel wing

acriswell4

Chirping
Jul 24, 2016
My duckling is almost 4 weeks and I think she is getting angel wings. She is getting her feathers already. You can see the feathers sticking out.

Last edited:
That does look like angel wing starting there. At this stage it's very quick and easy to fix. You can just "tape" the tip of that wing back into the correct position for a couple days or so, then it should be fixed. You can use a little strip of Vet Wrap to get it into place, wrapping it around the rest of the wing to keep it on. Then maybe some bandaging tape over that to help keep it on. Sometimes it's a struggle to find the best way to wrap the wing so that they don't just pull it off. Some ducks are more determined than others to get things like that off. At any rate, there are many pics and examples of how to wrap a wing online, just keep it simple. It doesn't have to go over their whole body or both wings in your duck's case. Just enough to keep that wing tip held back in the proper position. Take the wrap off after a couple of days to see how it looks. They grow very fast at this age, so you don't want to keep a wing wrap on for too long. Plus, it does not usually take very long to fix it in this really early stage. Good luck! :)

Well I wrapped her wing for like 5 hours and now it looks normal is that possible to fix it that fast
lol

Well I wrapped her wing for like 5 hours and now it looks normal is that possible to fix it that fast
lol

It will probably turn back out again by tomorrow, but just wait and see. You never know! That would be a miraculous fix if it stayed in place after only 5 hours, though. lol! :)

Back
Top Bottom