Angel wing

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by acriswell4, Jul 27, 2016.

1. acriswell4

acriswell4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]My duckling is almost 4 weeks and I think she is getting angel wings. She is getting her feathers already. You can see the feathers sticking out.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Due to the photo....It does not show anything wrong. Looks like wing feather growth too me....

3. acriswell4

Jul 24, 2016
    Ok so I won't know until it gets it's feathers in

4. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

No, You will see for sure once the feathers are in....Good luck.

5. acriswell4

Jul 24, 2016
    I really think she has angel wing only her left side hangs out[​IMG][/IMG]

6. acriswell4

Jul 24, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    That does look like angel wing starting there. At this stage it's very quick and easy to fix. You can just "tape" the tip of that wing back into the correct position for a couple days or so, then it should be fixed. You can use a little strip of Vet Wrap to get it into place, wrapping it around the rest of the wing to keep it on. Then maybe some bandaging tape over that to help keep it on. Sometimes it's a struggle to find the best way to wrap the wing so that they don't just pull it off. Some ducks are more determined than others to get things like that off. At any rate, there are many pics and examples of how to wrap a wing online, just keep it simple. It doesn't have to go over their whole body or both wings in your duck's case. Just enough to keep that wing tip held back in the proper position. Take the wrap off after a couple of days to see how it looks. They grow very fast at this age, so you don't want to keep a wing wrap on for too long. Plus, it does not usually take very long to fix it in this really early stage. Good luck! :)

8. acriswell4

Jul 24, 2016
    Do you have a link that shows how to wrap just the wing

9. acriswell4

Jul 24, 2016
    Well I wrapped her wing for like 5 hours and now it looks normal is that possible to fix it that fast
    lol[​IMG]

10. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    It will probably turn back out again by tomorrow, but just wait and see. You never know! That would be a miraculous fix if it stayed in place after only 5 hours, though. lol! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by