angry, angry and very angry

I just want to cry at what happened to your dog. Anyone who would be that cruel to an animal and then hurt a poor defensless little girl should be shot. The even sadder thing is that they will grow up to kill someone if they are doing that now. And then, we, as a society, will be forced to pay for thier upkeep at the local prison with our tax dollars. If I caught anyone hurting my animals it would be me going to jail because Id kill them first.

Rammy

Ema, What happened to your dog was despicable but if not for the dog's terrible ordeal that little girl might not have been found alive.To you for sticking to your convictions and for your dog being a true hero one little girl is safe and you may never know how many others were saved by the actions of you and your dog ,from those kids in the fiuture.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I hate to hear what happened to your rabbit and to people's dogs, etc...

I am typically the forgiving type but I am getting to the point where I don't want to cut misfit kids any slack any longer. If they break the law or vandalize something then they should be held accountable. Allowing Mr. and Mrs. Goodparent to ground them or dole out their punishment doesn't cut it as Mr. And Mrs. Goodparent probably weren't keeping too good of an eye on their kids to begin with. If I caught kids harming my flock or damaging my property then the police would be called and I would be demanding that charges be filed. Cops like to "scare" kids and turn them over to their parents for punishment but I really don't trust most parents these days.

My kids did something stupid one time and they learned a very valuable lesson about where the line is drawn and that they stepped over it.

A little perspective, my dad used to work for the dept. of fish and game reintroducing wild turkeys into a wilderness area. Then he started catching college students coming and poaching them. At first he just gave them a warning but they just kept coming back in larger numbers. So he started taking down their driver's license numbers and other info and turned it into DFG and the police, after several large fines the students stopped poaching.
Unless there is some real consequence (especially children) the behavior is not likely to end.

Quote:
I agree completely, which is why I think it was so awesome that Luke has the 6 and 7 year old working hard to pay for their crimes, as well as the parents taking some responsiblity and buying him a new rabbit. Maybe the boys will learn a valuble lesson, because in our day and age; a hard day of cleaning coops and stuff is real consequence for young children .
thumbsup.gif
I hope it teachs them some respect for living creatures and some understanding about chickens.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!!! i can't believe how cruel some kids can be. killing for the sake of killing! i'm someone who thinks it's unfair to kill a misquito for causing you to be itchy! SOME misquitos, otherwise known as mean kids, on the other hand.... just kidding. i agree that you should tell the police, though. it is entirly unacceptible for them to be doing that for FUN. i'm very sorry for the loss of your animals
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom