Angry chicken contest

Pics
Hawke was very upset with me for reading a book that had zombies, bloggers, and a zombie raccoon, but no chickens. (There was a chicken in it, but I didn't have the heart to tell him it was used for zombie bait.)

64840307_790951840584_1672407784857010176_o.jpg

I have an angry senior! I have no idea how old she is so but when a neighbor up the street gifted her to me everything with my flock changed! She, Raspberry, took charge. No one could enter the coop at night with out her permission. She assigned the position each bird would occupy. Even when the rooster was present, she ruled the roost and he accepted her decisions! Now it is even worse since her butt feathers fell out during her molt. Now that they are growing back in, she is even more grouchy than ever!
IMG_20201031_133957847_HDR~2.jpg

Poor boy! Is his beak better?

Unfortunately, no. His cross beak worsened as he aged and stabilized when he was about six months old. But don't worry, he's doing just fine. He has a good life and is healthy - he lives in the house, is best friends with my dog, goes for car rides and other adventures, and gets all the attention he demands. He's able to eat on his own, which is a miracle, but he does need help with preening since he can't quite do it himself.

20191027_072845.jpg

Unfortunately, no. His cross beak worsened as he aged and stabilized when he was about six months old. But don't worry, he's doing just fine. He has a good life and is healthy - he lives in the house, is best friends with my dog, goes for car rides and other adventures, and gets all the attention he demands. He's able to eat on his own, which is a miracle, but he does need help with preening since he can't quite do it himself.

View attachment 2394602
Awesome job looking after him. He's a handsome boy despite the crossbeak.

Back
Top Bottom