Animal control or nah!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by RedJungleFowl, Dec 22, 2014.

1. RedJungleFowl

RedJungleFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    So my neighbor has these two dogs a big one and a small one and for some reason they are always outside with no owner there and they run around the neighborhood freely. This is like the 33443523 time they been out ever since I was a third grader up to now (I'm 20 now )yet no one has ever call animal control on them I was wonder maybe I should get the law on them b/c these dogs don't even listen to their owner when their owner tells them to come instead the owner has to go chase after them. Like today their dogs wouldn't go inside the house so all they did was went inside and close the door and after a few minutes the big one went inside while the small one was still out there for another hour and the owner didn't even seem to care enough to come out to find it. I have been dealing with these dog for so long I can't remember once not going outside and not having the fear of the dogs coming out. Also if I do call animal control what do I say? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. vbob99

vbob99 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    if dogs are actively causing you problem you need to call animal control. If they are not bothering you other than the fact that they are out and don't listen. they are not your dogs so they are not your problem unless they cause one. if you have chickens you need to protect them from the dogs and other predators, no the dogs are not your responsibility but the chickens are. If dogs can get to them so can other predators

3. WthrLady

WthrLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2014
    WestOak, Nebraska
    X2

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Find out what the laws are in your area, then proceed accordingly.

5. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, are these dogs an accident waiting to happen?

6. RedJungleFowl

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    The thing is those dog when they come out and they see u they come charging towards you which is a normal thing for dogs but idk if they are gonna bite me or not b/c they come really close to my leg and almost to biting it so idk if its gonna bite me or nah but thanks tho :)

7. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    If these dogs have been around since you were in 3rd grade and you are now 20, I would think if they were going to bite you they would have done so by now. Those dogs are at least 11 or 12 years old. They probably won't live much longer anyway...

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The best they could manage would be to 'gum' you a bit.

1 person likes this.
  9. RedJungleFowl

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    I guess.

10. Howlet

Howlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2014
    Maryland
    My Coop
    some kid around my neighbor hood lets his dogs charge about the neigborhood and they've on more then one occasion charged and got at my cats while i was gardening or something and they were just sitting in the mulch.... she finds it fun to chase them into the road [​IMG] so i walk THEIR dog back up to THEIR house and the parents thank me, but their son acts like ive stolen her and tells me "shes fine" and this dog was hit by a UPS truck because he puts her out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by