Announcing BYC Golden Feather Memberships

Where is it appropriate to publish a review of the Golden Feather Membership process? Apparently, my opinion is not welcome here. Where might I post my experience so that others may be informed of what they are contemplating paying for?

Last edited:
Sorry you're not happy with your GFM. We work hard to make sure that the GFM provides value, but if you feel it isn't what you expected please contact our store ASAP for a refund!!

If purchased in the past 30 days, you're welcome to request a full refund. If longer than that, we will gladly process a pro-rated refund of your remaining time.

If you want to review the GFM as a product, you can contact any member of our staff directly via PM or post in our reviews section here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/

Thanks!

If I recall the GFM updates must be hand done. Last time I forgot it took a few hours for it to show. I forgot AGAIN and just renewed last night. So I am also waiting for my GFM activation. Just be patient and they will activate your GFM..

Nifty, thanks for the info. In my opinion neither the GFM or BYC is perfect. However, I can't find a better site. When I do find a better site that is perfect, it won't be after I join it. Or at least that's what a preacher said once about finding the perfect church. BYC has its issues, like any family. Most of us understand that the extreme cost of this site does not allow you to just give away everything. I have been frustrated at times with the limits of a GFM. However, now having been an expired GFM member AGAIN, I will be satisfied with the rewards of a GFM. At some point I will have to upgrade to Platinum just so I can see what that is like. But until then, can't wait until the BYC Store re-activates my GFM!

caf.gif

I realized today that my GF membership expired when I tried to bump an ad. I just renewed. How long will it be before it's reactivated?
Thanks. :)

Sorry you're not happy with your GFM. We work hard to make sure that the GFM provides value, but if you feel it isn't what you expected please contact our store ASAP for a refund!!

If purchased in the past 30 days, you're welcome to request a full refund. If longer than that, we will gladly process a pro-rated refund of your remaining time.

If you want to review the GFM as a product, you can contact any member of our staff directly via PM or post in our reviews section here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/

Thanks!

Sorry you're not happy with your GFM.  We work hard to make sure that the GFM provides value, but if you feel it isn't what you expected please contact our store ASAP for a refund!!

If purchased in the past 30 days, you're welcome to request a full refund.  If longer than that, we will gladly process a pro-rated refund of your remaining time.

Thanks!

Hopefully, this automaton-like response was, in fact, automated, especially since the link to the review page is incorrect. These robotic platitudes are cute and all, but since my honest relation of my less-than-stellar experience with BYC administration immediately after earning their notice by giving them my money wasn't glowing, it has become apparent that I CANNOT review the membership "as a product."

Then again, perhaps ALL reviews are ignored or discarded, as mine was, since I didn't fork over any cash when I reviewed the "product."

I am not able to find ANY firsthand reviews of the GFM "product," anywhere. It would have been nice to have been able to evaluate the experiences of others before I made my own purchase, in order to have made a more informed decision. It had not occurred to me that the lack of information was not due to purchaser apathy, but censorship.

Again, I ask, since my review of the GFM will apparently be deleted, here, and will not be allowed to be viewed by others weighing the pros and cons of GFM for themselves in its product review section, where is it appropriate to review my experience of Golden Feather Membership? I WOULD like to use BYC's GFM, since I've paid for it, and might even pay for it again if the positive outweigh the negative aspects of my experience so far. If it IS, in fact, policy to exclude any less-than-5-star evaluations by members, please say so. If not, let me know where honest reviews ARE allowed. If the site is only tolerant of cheerleaders, that's fine, but please don't be ashamed to share that information. Since every BYC member has a member review section, where any and all experiences with that user can be shared with other potential customers, it seems only reasonable that BYC itself has a similar review system available for consultation. I am, however, often wrong, and my reliance on reason is a fault, I am often told.

I'm sure that there are plenty of cheerleaders. I am often one, myself.

As for HallFamilyFarm's interjections: I'm sure that MANY people get far more out of being told how to think by churches than I do. I believe I have already covered the exact cause of my ignorance before "joining" BYC, over a year after contributing to forums, with my purhase - censorship. I OBVIOUSLY have no problem with BYC not "giving away everything for free," since I was happy to pay for expanded site access before it became apparent that BYC administration does not pay attention to members who DON'T produce revenue, and have no interest in welcoming, or even thanking, people who DO pay them. I'm very sorry that you are so bothered by opinions that differ from your own. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:
Yup, things have changed considerably since that post as the site has grown. In fact, things got so big and complicated that we couldn't manage it in-house any more (when a 10gb MySQL DB would become corrupt, it was way harder to fix than when it was 5 mb!). We now use a combination of a separate DB server, Amazon S3, CDNs, 3rd party mail servers, etc.

I noticed that my GFM wasn't showing up on my profile, so renewed my membership last night. The clincher is, I forgot to put my user ID in the comments section so that it would be applied to my account.
hmm.png

Once I received the email from store@BYC,,, I replied to the email and referenced my omission and my User ID. (hopefully that inbox gets viewed by someone)

Will this be sufficient to get the GFM applied to my account?

thank you!

I just purchased my GFM. I felt that it was only right to do so, as I receive FAR more value just from reading the site than $20. I like to support places and people that help me.
yippiechickie.gif

However, silly me didn't know to put my username in the comments.
barnie.gif
Oh Nifty, can you please associate the membership I bought with my profile? Many thanks.
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom