ANNOUNCING!!! newest member of the first egg club!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peaguy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    I always laughed when someone would post the infamous words.." first egg, now what do I do?" Now I know the feeling!!! It is both exciting and scary at the same time!
    I am just amazed that I have finally gotten this far!
    It has been an uphill and often frustrating battle but here I is!Finally!!!! One of my 6 Dominique hens (18 weeks old now) laid a slightly less than perfectly colored egg today! sorta the color of a cup of coffee that one had just poured fresh cream into... even has a few light splotches on it as though the cup of coffee had not yet been stirred. And it is perfectly egg shaped and just the cutest little pullet eggie! I knew they would be small to start but gora!
    No way yet of knowing which of the society girls was the guilty girl. They were all standing around looking at it as though an alien had landed in their midst [​IMG] I think if they could've hidden under anything they would have! [​IMG] There is a slight chance it might even be fertile but I kinda have my doubts after watching some of Silver's (my Dom roo, same age) fumbling attempts at mating [​IMG]
    All I do know is that it feels good to FINALLY have joined THE CLUB!
    ETF(ix my poor HTML skills)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    HEY!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

I haven't had a first egg yet -- but I know I will be VERY EXCITED when it happens!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have a good day!!

Cindy

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!! I know this egg means a LOT to you (more than most of us, even)!!!! You ARE going to blow it out and save the shell, right?????

[​IMG]

4. donnaIL

donnaIL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    SouthernIL
    Congrats on your egg!!!!! It is eggciting isn't it!

5. Crazy_For_Chickens

Crazy_For_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    Congratulations!!! I hope they give you much more in the future!!! [​IMG]

6. lisebarb

lisebarb Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah! Welcome to the club. [​IMG]

I just got my first eggs this weekend too so I know how egg-cited you are. [​IMG]

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I fed my first one to the dog, lol. It had a chalky looking shell and I wasn't about to chance it! Nowadays, INTO the frying pan! (Except yesterday a blue marans in with a splash roo laid her first egg, a little small but well formed, and THAT baby went into the incubator batch!)

8. Peaguy

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Now a member of the two egg club! Had another one this morning!
    Early Christmas present indeed!

[​IMG]

(yuppers! that's a quarter in the photo for size comparison.)

9. Peaguy

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Guess I have arrived! Here it is a week later and I can report a total of 6 pullet eggs! Definately two girls laying although I haven't pinpointed which ones yet but they are the 19 week Dominickers.
    Mr. silver besides being a huge handsome feller is still figuring out the mating game so I have doubts they are fertile by any stretch of the imagination ( he tries to jump my hand when I reach in to get eggs or their feeder.) From Saturday to Saturday 6 eggies! Pretty good for beginners I think
    Will try to grab a pic of them tonight when I get home from work.
    One of the girls is laying very splotchy colored eggs the other is very even smooth Cafe Au Lait color.
    hmmm finally have enough for a 3 egg omelet! [​IMG] Shhh don't let the girls hear me laughing or they'll go on strike for sure!!!

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Bring on Breakfast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by