Another attempt at hatching turkeys

Jay262

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Well here we go again this time out of a dozen eggs only half were good and then out of those only half hatched so I have 3 poults. So if I lose half of these I will have 1 and a half turkeys a step up from last hatch
5ym0g9g.jpg
Anyhow these I am told were burbon red x sweetgrass turkeys im wonder though does anyone know what color are the yellows gonna feather out to be white or possibly brown?

I don't see the gray striping that is typical of the sweetgrass poults. You might inquire about the breeds of the hens and toms; could be both are crosses and that resulted in the white poults. MInd you, I"m not an expert on color genetics by any means.

Thank you im very excited about them in the meantime I just received 1 burbon red egg in with a batch of 5 dozen eggs I had come from across Canada. I had afriend carry them here on her carry on so heres hoping it hatches.

Thank you im very excited about them in the meantime I just received 1 burbon red egg in with a batch of 5 dozen eggs I had come from across Canada. I had afriend carry them here on her carry on so heres hoping it hatches.
You should get a good hatch rate then!!!.. Good luck with these!! 5 dozen-- you ready for them all to hatch??

Back
Top Bottom