another AZ newbie

crazy hen quartet

Songster
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Chandler AZ
Hi all!
Been lurking for months and finally joined (yay!).

I live in Chandler with my husband, two kids, one cat, veggie gardens and of course, the four ladies that brought me here.
big_smile.png

We live in the city but laying hens are allowed "with neighbors permission" (ie, bring them some eggs) - we have a barred rock, two easter eggers and a black austrolorp. Currently three of the four lay... our Aus seems to be content to walk around in a bossy manner and make lots of authoritative noises but not produce. My hubby is starting to wonder if she's actually a he.....
wink.png

Each hen has an "owner" and everyone named their own girl. My son named his barred rock "Victoria" after a manufacturer of black and white insulators "Victor", my daughter named her EE "Frodette" (after frodo from LOTR), my husband named his Aus "Wilma" - (altho we all called her Houdini for her tendency to roost on our wall and end up in the front yard). The other EE has been named Elsie by my kids.. I never thought of a name so they started calling her LC, standing for "Lisa's chicken" and I thought it fit.

Just wanted to drop by and give a proper introduction!
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC!

I've got 2 brothers just north of you in Mesa. In fact, we'll probably be down there in a couple weeks to visit them!

It was my brother that moved down there that had chickens and got my interested in them when he lived up here. Ironically enough he can't have them where he is in Mesa.
sad.png

Nifty... when will you be here?....

Oh and welcome crazy hen quartet!

There are a few of us here in the valley. (I'm in East Phoenix)

Ooohh... I'm thinking quick mini Chickenstock!!! If we do I'll bring some BYC goodies to give out!
wink.png

We're not totally sure, but maybe we'll drive down day after Christmas.

Keep an eye out for a red minivan with a BYC "My Pet Makes Me Breakfast" bumper sticker!
big_smile.png

My in laws fly down day after Christmas, my mom fly's down on Saturday... (we are baptizing my 8 year old on Saturday)... will you be around that next week? We could take you to dinner or something....

Back
Top Bottom