Another bad incubation attempt...

I have used both the Hova bators and currently have two LG's and I have not noticed a bit of difference in the hatch rates. I got excellent hatches from both.

Quote:
theres many who have had relaly bad hatches with them Im one of those
big_smile.png
lol.

Quote:
I see you are from Colorado. I am wondering if it could possibly be an altitude problem. I have no idea what your elevation is, but could you ask others in your area if they do something out of the ordinary to hatch eggs.

Just trying to come up with a solution for you.

Brad

Quote:
I see you are from Colorado. I am wondering if it could possibly be an altitude problem. I have no idea what your elevation is, but could you ask others in your area if they do something out of the ordinary to hatch eggs.

Brad

that's a great possibility... they may need more oxygen exchange!!!! HERM!!! We're deciently high in elevation (not sure of exact elevation but we are on a mt) and it doesnt seem to effect mine, but i could see in a majorly high place it really effecting it good guessing!

Quote:

Brad

that's a great possibility... they may need more oxygen exchange!!!! HERM!!! We're deciently high in elevation (not sure of exact elevation but we are on a mt) and it doesnt seem to effect mine, but i could see in a majorly high place it really effecting it good guessing!

The highest elevation in Pennsylvania is Mt. Davis, PA at 3,213
Lowest Point in Colorado is the Arikaree River at 3,315 feet
Highest Point in Colorado is Mt. Elbert, CO at 14,433 feet
Tennessee's highest point is Clingmans Dome at 6,643 feet

I know the local wild life are different in CO than they are in TN so it only makes sense, some subtle changes may be needed to optimize chances for success.

Brad

BTW: Elevation stats came from http://geology.com/state-high-points.shtml
That's
quite a bit of difference.

Quote:

The highest elevation in Pennsylvania is Mt. Davis, PA at 3,213
Lowest Point in Colorado is the Arikaree River at 3,315 feet
Highest Point in Colorado is Mt. Elbert, CO at 14,433 feet
Tennessee's highest point is Clingmans Dome at 6,643 feet

I know the local wild life are different in CO than they are in TN so it only makes sense, some subtle changes may be needed to optimize chances for success.

Brad

BTW: Elevation stats came from http://geology.com/state-high-points.shtml
That's
quite a bit of difference.

it deffiantly is. I want to go find Mt. Davis now I'd like to see it!
big_smile.png
I live on Penn View Mt. LOL. Sounds like Mt davis should be named "penn view' LOL!

heres about pennview: http://www.mountainzone.com/mountains/detail.asp?fid=2369956 it's only 1,893! LOL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom