Another barred rock in question! :)

those are cockerels. The boys tend to have the barred look right away while the girls look almost spotted.

I have a BR cockerel and pullet and LOVE them, they are hands down my favorite out of the whole flock. My cockerel will eat right out of your hand.

I'm having the same problem. Mine are four months old today and I have one that I'm hoping is a roo,
but doesn't any other signs other than the waddles and comb.
If anyone gets a chance please take a look at mine .
smile.png

Your barred rocks look like roos to me .

Oh jiminy crickets! Well I guess it's back to the drawing board. I'm not advanced enough in chicken know-how to start hatching out mg own peeps yet. Maybe I can find them good homes locally. I don't have the heart to put em in the freezer.

Dixie - I don't blame you - I had originally said no roosters and that if we ended up with any pullets turned roos they would end up in the freezer.

The BR roo ended up being so sweet I said we could keep him. : )

Ur chickens look just like mine! I have 6 rhode island reds and 4 br's! They are all girls! So cute!!!
1f414.png

Looks like Big Al is going to be a teenage father. My game hen, his crush whom he has been "loving on", has gone broody. We'll see if he knew what he was doing in about 18 days!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom