Another batch of sausage

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
Every year in December, we always make sausage. Since I got with my Polish wife, I've veered more towards traditional Polish Kielbasa. We made 48# of sausage a couple days before Christmas, 16lbs of breakfast sausage and 32lb of kielbasa. Here is a picture of the finished kielbasa. I made over 500 lbs of sausage last year, it's a labor of love but worth the effort. The stuff you buy from the store doesn't compare!

In the smoker. I can't wait until I get a smokehouse built where I can do more at a time.
Kielbasa 12-22 1.jpg

Charcuterie board all made up.
Kielbasa 12-22.jpg

Every year in December, we always make sausage. Since I got with my Polish wife, I've veered more towards traditional Polish Kielbasa. We made 48# of sausage a couple days before Christmas, 16lbs of breakfast sausage and 32lb of kielbasa. Here is a picture of the finished kielbasa. I made over 500 lbs of sausage last year, it's a labor of love but worth the effort. The stuff you buy from the store doesn't compare!

In the smoker. I can't wait until I get a smokehouse built where I can do more at a time.
View attachment 3370041

Charcuterie board all made up.
View attachment 3370032
That’s awesome! What meat do you use? We’ve always made our own venison sausage but I think we need to branch out a bit more and try other things.

Picklestheduck: we make several kinds of sausages. We use a lot of deer, pork, beef, rabbit, and chicken. Kielbasa is probably the most popular we make.

Bluebaby: we sell a lot to my close friends/family and in my wife hometown too. I use it and the rabbits to trade for beef from my neighbor as well.

Picklestheduck: we make several kinds of sausages. We use a lot of deer, pork, beef, rabbit, and chicken. Kielbasa is probably the most popular we make.

Bluebaby: we sell a lot to my close friends/family and in my wife hometown too. I use it and the rabbits to trade for beef from my neighbor as well.
If I lived closer, I would by some from you!

Would you mind sharing the kielbasa recipe? I just put 2 pigs in the freezer and have been looking for good sausage recipes. You cant go wrong with an authentic polska kielbasa!

Back
Top Bottom