Another chicken newbie

fluffyball

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone! It's so nice to join the party. I've been a long-time lurker, but finally decided to join the conversation.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - a year ago, and this is a wonderful journey!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? - two, Peggie and Betty, and I'm hoping for more. But as a beginner, I should improve my self control first. I want to improve the current setup and then get more chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have? - pekin bantams.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? - fresh eggs, the best (and the friendliest) pest control and... well, they're good companions! Sometimes they're just a bit destructive (I'm talking about ripped plants, Betty!), but I still love them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - as I've mentioned before, gardening, sewing, crafts of all sorts. Also hiking and camping, though we had to skip the last year due to pandemic.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - I live with my husband and pets (apart from chickens we have a choco lab and a cat). We live in a small house just outside the city, in a semirural area, so it's pretty easy to keep such companions.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D - I've been stalking around for a while (about a half of a year) after we got the girls. I've been looking for information, since my aunt wasn't able to help with some issues, and I stuck upon a thread here, at the BYC.

Once again, thanks for letting me join!

- Elizabeth

Welcome to BYC! Hope you have a great time here!
1608597706404.gif

Back
Top Bottom