Another colour question!

nikirushka

Songster
6 Years
Dec 2, 2014
I have this roo. Gorgeous boy, classic gold colour but with pure white pins. A bit more striking than he looks here. In the flock are panda, tibetan, tibetan tuxedo, silver lace, italian and silver genes.

Does this colour have a name, or do I get to name it?

I think it is some sort of Mixed breed. But what I think is It maybe exortic Golden. Pardon me if I'm wrong. I'm new to them too
1f602.png

Hi there.

To my knowledge you have a classic golden quail. The difference between your photo and the photo of Q QUAIL S is gender and some color mutation variations - but both are golden quail.

The female has striated makings (V shaped patterns) in her plumage.
Males can also have these striated markings but they won't have them on their chests (that's one of the key plumage markers for "feather sexing") . Depending on the color mutations of the parent birds, these patterns can range from very light brown/cinnamon to black, or your birds could be classic golden quail.

Remember that color genetics will determine the outcome of your bird and unless you know the exact color mutations in the DNA of your birds, you could always have surprises hatching. Be it the striated plumage markers, or even a crest.

Hope it helps.
ABOT

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom