Another Electrical Question... Help Please?

Quote:
Okay, so I can't actually see where the green wire connects back to the white wire in the middle, but that doesn't matter, right? The green wire seems to disappear off to the side, but by attaching it to the white cord wire in the center I am essentially disabling it as you said, right? Just want to make sure, and then I'll stop harassing you chook!

That is correct. If your are nervous about hooking it to the middle connector, just clip the connector off of the green wire and cap it(wire-nut and tape). It is just the bonding wire.

Quote:
I called my dad tonight and was trying to explain this to him. He was at work and somewhat distracted but kept asking me where the bonding wire was. I didn't know what that was, the directions don't reference that word.

So the green is the bonding and the white is the ground? I thought the green was the ground and the white was the neutral. Or am I mixing up phrases now?
hide.gif

It get rather confusing color-wise because you are dealing with an appliance that the neutral and the ground are bonded. The laws changed in 99' and any wire attached to a ground lug/screw has to be green. What you are doing is removing this bond. Oh! and you are not harassing me.

Quote:
Okay, so my unit is probably at least a 99 then, which I would assume anyway based on it's appearance. So I'm just taking that (green in my case) wire off the ground screw and placing into the center stud along with the white wire from my new 4 prong cord. Then the green wire from my new cord will go directly to the ground screw (the ground screw/nut itself is green.

I guess I'm being redundant but I would rather be redundant than make a mistake with electricity!

Thank you for your patience, you are a huge help!
smile.png

Great! I think I have it now! Just wanted to be "super sure" before I go messing around with wires, lol.

You've been a doll, so helpful! Thank you very, very much, I appreciate your time and attention. I really want to get this beast hooked up so I can get it out of the middle of my dining room!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom