Another foamy poop question

Hello all! My chicks are very active and it’s happy peeps 24/7. Some have foamy poo once in awhile and it’s too often and too foamy where it’s cecal. I do see normal poops but I know at least one of my 2 week old chicks is having foamy poo. What confuses me is how active they are. They’re eating and drinking great. I did start bringing in a dirt box with various weeds and they’ve been in it all day for the past week. Even the one week old (I have three 2-weeks and one 1-week). I stopped dandelions because they’re eating that too often and I prefer them to eat the medicated feed for now.

No blood in their poop, no lethargy, their eating and drinking is fine. No pasty butt. They’ve been drinking 1qt of water mixed with 1-2 tsp of ACV that’s changed daily. I added in a cut clove of garlic today. I have some Corid and some have mentioned I should grab some Ivermectin and or Wazine. I’m just hesitant right now because they’re not acting strange other than the foamy poo. I do believe in “prevention is better than the cure” but that ship might have sailed and the garlic + acv is preventative only and won’t do much now. I would love to have them fight it off naturally but I don’t want to wait too long and end up with a dead chick. But I also don’t want to give them a medication they do not need and possibly further hurt them.

My game plan is to monitor them since I added the garlic today. I guess with this post, I’m asking for a second opinion. I think this is worms and Ivermectin sounds good except I don’t know if it’s roundworms or another type of parasite. I cannot see any worms in the foamy poo due to the bubbles. I’ve attached a pic of the poop so poop warning ⚠️

View attachment 2113355

*My yard is absolutely toxic and I forbid my friends from bringing their small children here for now. We inherited a small house recently and just the yard has taken over last years summer to clean up what was once the neighborhood cat toilet. I have bugs and weeds here I’ve never seen in my entire life and I’ve seen some weird stuff in the military. So in other words...Im worried I got my chicks sick due to how toxic my yard is since I’m grabbing dirt and weeds from there. I don’t use any pesticides but the remnants of cat poop seem just as toxic.
It’s normal

Back
Top Bottom