Another Foreclosure question.....

booker81

Redneck Tech Girl
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Mid-MI
smile.png

I'm not really stressed, since we have our ducks in a row, lawyer retained, paperwork in process and should be filed for Chapter 13 in a few more days.

I just spoke with our neighbors - very good folks - and he told me the police have been at our house, sitting in the driveway for hours while we are at work. DH and I both work, steady jobs, out the door by 7am and home around 6pm. I have no clue what the police want and they are leaving no cards or notices for us, nothing. This is the first time I've heard of them coming here, neighbor says they've been coming daily for the last week.

What are they doing??? I'm ASSUMING it's because we are in the midst of the whole foreclosure fun (which will be averted soon, thank goodness). The "auction" that is supposed to happen (but won't) isn't til mid August. What do they want?

Any mortgage people or police care to shed some light? I left a message for our lawyer about it, but I really have no information to go on, since, well, all I have is the word of our neighbor (who I believe), and nothing from the police sitting in our yard while we're at work.

I'm probably just going to put a note on the door advising them we've been notified of their presence while we are at work, and that I've notified our lawyer, and give them the contact information for the lawyer. I'll also follow up with the lawyer to make sure they can dig down on why we're the new hangout.

It's just weird to find out that someone, even if it's the police, have been hanging out at your house all day, but never come by at all when we are home during normal working people house
smile.png

(As for the whole foreclosure thing, it's not lack of trying to deal with the bank, it's just been ridiculous to jump through the hoops. The last straw is when they sent a letter refusing to allow my income to be considered on if we could afford to keep the house (and yes, DH and I are married). I don't understand them at all. Oh well, that's what lawyers are for).

Why don't you just call the police department and ask them what the deal is? No need to talk to your lawyer or leave notes that you've been "notified of their presence".

The police are not the bad guys...

I would def call the police dept and inquire as to why they are sitting in your driveway. They honestly have no right to do so without leaving some kind of notice as to why they are visiting the premise. Best of luck I know its a hard time, you'll pull through it.

I know the aren't the bad guys at all, I just have no idea which department it is (and the neighbors are....older...and didn't have that info.) I don't know if it's county, state, city or township.

I just wish they'd leave me a card or something to contact them to determine what they need from us.

While I've had good dealings with some of the police here, there are a few that well, I don't really trust on our property, even if they have a badge.
hmm.png
The public problems we've had with some of the police are, well, not good.

I just don't know if someone HAS gone through this, if they could let me know what this part of the game is about? Do they normally just sit there to "watch the property"? Is there something they are trying to serve that I don't know about? I just want to know, and unfortunately, I don't have the information to find out.

Quote:
Start with the department that has jurisdiction in your area. Tell them that your neighbors have seen a law enforcement vehicle sitting in your driveway, but you're not sure which agency it was, and you're curious as to who it may have been and what their business was.

Quote:
Start with the department that has jurisdiction in your area. Tell them that your neighbors have seen a law enforcement vehicle sitting in your driveway, but you're not sure which agency it was, and you're curious as to who it may have been and what their business was.

x2

Well, I tried county, that's my best guess (though we get all of the above out here), but their line only allows me to choose to report a crime or be transfered to the jail.
idunno.gif

Sometimes, it's a pain in the heinie to figure out the jurisdiction of anything out here.

We have friends who were living in a home that was being foreclosed on (they were tenants and had no idea because the owner didn't let them know ahead of time) and they were served papers by the sheriff's office, so it's probably related to that. Although, waiting hours for you for several days is certainly not the best use of their time, it might dawn on them eventually that you are NOT home during those hours on weekdays.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom