Another freaking roo???

plsmith88

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2020
I bought this guy about six months ago (ordered online, 3 olive egger pullets) and one of his hatch mates was a big black aggressive (beautiful) roo. The other is the sweetest Grey hen. This one doesn’t act like a roo, but hasn’t laid eggs either.

I think I know the answer, but I’m no expert with my small backyard flock. My luck, even when I buy pullets I get mostly roos 😂

Attachments

• 72341289-B33A-46A3-8228-8E20705699DF.jpeg
    72341289-B33A-46A3-8228-8E20705699DF.jpeg
    887.4 KB · Views: 24
It looks like another freaking roo, but the body shape …. Maybe it is just the picture angle. Nice stately comb!
I feel your rooster pain. Out of six Christmas Day hatchlings, four were cockerels. I had to separate them from the ladies since they were being extremely hormonal and jumping on the same hen, taking turns. Little jerks.

It looks like another freaking roo, but the body shape …. Maybe it is just the picture angle. Nice stately comb!
I feel your rooster pain. Out of six Christmas Day hatchlings, four were cockerels. I had to separate them from the ladies since they were being extremely hormonal and jumping on the same hen, taking turns. Little jerks.
This is definitely an extra roostery looking pose, but in real life he/she is shaped just like my hens. Sometimes I think the tail feathers might be longer but then I think that’s my mine playing tricks.

thanks for your reply!!

A girl!!

crazy comb though..lol, my kid said it looks like bunny ears.

Some girls take a long time to lay. We had dark brown Lefhorns that took 36, 44, and 45+ weeks to begin to lay. Leghorns that were a mid-Feb hatch. Of course, sometimes there is an internal problem. However, yours looks like she might be at Point of Lay. Any chance she’s got a secret nest?

A girl!!

crazy comb though..lol, my kid said it looks like bunny ears.

Some girls take a long time to lay. We had dark brown Lefhorns that took 36, 44, and 45+ weeks to begin to lay. Leghorns that were a mid-Feb hatch. Of course, sometimes there is an internal problem. However, yours looks like she might be at Point of Lay. Any chance she’s got a secret nest?
It’s totally possible, they free range in the yard and I have a broody one in the nest boxes. I’ll keep an eye out!

Back
Top Bottom