Another goat fencing question

What'ya bet they get a participation medal?
No one is a loser, gold stars for all.
1f410.png

I finally mostly finished the 6' privacy fence to protect my garden, so I was able to turn both the goats loose in a much bigger area. The one that hadn't been hopping the fence (Angelo) immediately got the goat equvalent of cat zoomies! It was hilarious.

I used 5' lengths of PVC pipe and threaded them into the existing chainlink so it extended the height of the fence about 3', draped them with bird/deer netting, then zip tied everything in place. Hopefully this will keep Loki from hopping over it at will, otherwise he'll be at my raspberry bushes again (apparently they taste delicious). I'll use a hot wire if I have to, but this will be a pretty cheap fix if it works. Now that they have room to run, browse on bushes poking through the fence, and other entertainments maybe they will be a little more content where they are. Although Loki mostly just wanted to be with people...the raspberry leaves were a bonus!

Crossing my fingers...

Goats love raspberry brambles. That's a great way to extend your fencing. You goat sounded so happy. Hopefully by now they are settling down and getting used to you and your new home.

Back
Top Bottom