Another goat ?

josh

Songster
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Western Kentucky
Can goats climb? Our goat got out of a pen we had it in. The neighbors said they seen it climb out I think one of them let it out. My son said the door latch was up on the pen.

Most dont like to be alone so sounds like he needs a friend in the pen with him. Yes they can climb fences as I have a La Mancha that can climb out of a 5' fence. He is better staying in there now that he is a wether, but before he would just stand back and over he would go.
When in with others they do better. Also if the pen is too small they dont like that either.

Not only can goats climb, they can jump quite high and they can open many types of latches!

A bored goat and a lonely goat is far more likely to try and escape. So, having a goat friend or two (is this goat by itself?) and having goat toys to play on is very helpful.

I use old tires buried into the ground (I have several next to each other - standing upright - buried about 1/2 way), wooden cable spools with a sturdy board between attached to them, an old rabbit hutch to jump onto, etc. to give my goats things to play on.

Back
Top Bottom