PhlyinPheBee

Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Northeast Louisiana
he.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I now have another hen with the swollen eye, face with the runny eye. It is clear liquid. She is eating where as the first one is not. I quess I got this one early.

Should I give the whole flock Terraycin water??? I have anywhere from 6 weeks old on up.

barnie.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Terramycin is useless. You need to know what they have in order to treat it properly. My own personal policy, due to the serious carrier nature of most chicken diseases, is to cull and never treat. If it's viral, no antibiotic will do anything for it.

There has to be something other than culling. I do not breed them, raise chicks or send off eggs for hatching. They are just my yard buddies. Where do you get the info on having them tested???

I just talked to an ag vet and he said to start everyone on Lincocin-Spectinomycin water solution. He said that it is an over the counter. Also said that my vet here should be able to do a eye swab and send off to check them. If I have one died then the ag vet wants to see the bird to check for things.

I hope that will not happen. He said that it is VERY common for backyard bird to come in as carriers even if you quaritine.

That is a bummer.

Back
Top Bottom