Another incubator! **PIC HEAVY**

I have to agree with your dh
lau.gif
Nah, just joking. It looks like you put in some serious time and did a great job. Good luck with your chickies!!
wink.png

Hey Terrier, that is awesome to hear!!!! sounds like the GB is stablizing. Remember when you first put your eggs in...your temps/humidity will jump up.

Reason: the eggs have fluid in them...so the bator has to stablize again for at least 12hrs....I stopped last night working on my other bator...the GB....was having problems with thermostate, if you recall....turns off when its suppose to but wont come on when it needs too.....

so DH took it to work to work and figure it out....We are both medics...so DH is on a 24hr shift...figured on down time work on it.

Quote:
Uhhh.. Now I'm a dog... Woof!!
lau.gif
Believe it or not, the humidity kept dropping.. I've added like 30 syringes full of water to the sponge and it just keeps going dry.. So, I got the humidity and heat a little high this morning and then quickly attached a cup to the inside wall of the bator that I can put water in a little at a time.. In just about 30 miinutes, the temp and humidity stabilized again.. Would much rather come up with problems this early rather than on say day 19... Hope y'all can fix that thermostat problem..

Hmmm... Y'all are medics? I didn't know that!!! Ohhhh!!!!! That would explain the name!!!
lau.gif
hide.gif
yeah... I know...
smack.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Yes Terri...MEDICS...been for years...both of us as.

this is how it works terri....2 Tx Medics= 2 of us in Texas are medics...
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
well keep me posted on the GB...Im still working on figuring mine out...I mean I have my LG which works wonderful with the temps/humidity...but I wanted MORE BATORS!!!!!
tongue.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Monster unleashed....so I decided or we to try and make one...so DH is on a 48hr shift left today...so took it to work on it.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Gotta love us smart a$$'s... LOL....

I know what you mean about the bators... Now that I've built one (technically two) I want to build more!!! And, i keep thinking, if my girls start laying (not likely since they are only 13 weeks old) I could throw the eggs in the bator with the rest of them.. LOL

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Homemade bators rock. And you LEARN a LOT building them - about ventilation, thermostats, heat position and what features you like in a bator and hate in a bator.

I'm running my third homemade right now - Darthbator. Across the room is the LRC - little red corvette bator, made from an 8 bottle wine cooler. Number four.

I've had two bought bators - an LG which I got to work but hated (cramped, hated burning myself on the heat element, hated the lid falling off) and I have a "new" antique redwood leahy bator which I am refinishing - now that's awesome. LOL 700 eggs...

So I built a foam one, then one in a metal cooler, then Darthbator a small black mini-fridge bator and LRC. I'll build again, though I'm still fiddling with Darth and LRC. They both have very nice features. The wine-coolers and mini-fridges keep awesome stable temps.

I've learned a lot more fiddling with homemade's than I would have with an "easy" bought bator.

Alternative heat sources for homemades are reptile heat tape, heat mats, outdoor rope lights, some have used curling iron insides, 12v under cabinet puck lights - use a dimmer they can be hot for small applications.

I'm still using a water heater thermostat for both my homemades I've gotten them to work well for me.

This is the good stuff and you all have gotten very creative.

I've never made a turner - I still turn by hand.

Thanks. LOL I'm fond of it too. I have a warped sense of humor, it tends to show.

It's all about addiction and giving in to the dark side of the force...

Quote:
I know what you mean.. I have a morbid sense of humor and it tends to show.. Although, I try to curb it some because some of the things that my brain comes up with tends to offend some people who don't know how to take it.. I'm the kind of person who can find humor in anything no matter how disgusting, sad or horrible it is.. It's not meant to be offensive but that's how I deal with things.. Not like we can change what's already happened, right? So laugh about it..
smile.png
And no.. that's not to say i am heartless or lack compassion...
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom